Monday 1 June 2009

A little bird told me

Twitter1 - ewian

I am trying out Twitter... http://twitter.com/ewian


Made a painting with a bird singing about the sun, fund that it would be appropriate to this action. Not sure if I will manage to use Twitter in a rational way. Don't want to be the one twittering about:"now I am getting the mail". But I hope that I can use it as a mini update on what I am creating. That could be my journalling word/props for the day or a new art supply I am trying out. I also want to use it as a notifier when I am travelling, maybe we are at the same place...
Twitter3 - ewian
I actually made two pictures. They are a bit different, On the first one there was some messing up with the camera so no video came out. On the second one I did manage to film the whole ting and edit it down to a reasonably length.
Twitter2 - ewian
Do you Twitter? How do you use it in a good way?

Painting made with: Watersoluble wax pastel, acrylic paint, vintage paper, permanent marker.

7 comments:

Artsnark said...

Love this piece! The video is great too :D

I confess I do not tweet but I've heard from some etsy folks who've gotten sales & magazine interviews from people who found them on twitter

Brenda said...

Love your bird, the bark on the tree effect looks great. Have you started your new job yet? I don't twitter, and don't intend to - too much already to think about.

EWian said...

The bark is very textured I like a bit texture it gives depth and interest to paintings.

Job: I have one more exams to go and then I'll start work in about a fortnight.

Grate that Twitter can lead to something useful, sounds like fun to have gotten sales & magazine interviews... but I don't sell much on line yet... I have that etsy store to fill... Hopefully I get to do some wool work this summer and I'll see when the fall comes if I can get something up in the store.

EWian

Suz said...

Haven't Twittered yet . . . Love your creations!

Lynn said...

What a happy, cheerful piece this is. I don't twitter - I confess, I just don't get why people would want to broadcast their every (usually mundane)move. Or who would want to read about someone else's mundane moves. Weird.

Nothing to See said...

That was fun! Love the vid.

:)

Leah said...

Oh, I just loved watching your video! Fabulous!

The song made me giggle. I don't know if you've ever seen the show, Family Guy (it's a cartoon for adults), but they had an epsisode where the main character sings that song throughout and it was super silly and fun. :-)