Saturday 2 May 2009

Losing my balance


Sadly I get periods in my life where I lose my balance. The world is spinning and my concentration is not there. All I want to do is lay still in till it all passes. It started with a car accident 4 years a go, now it comes in period. It is SLOWLY getting better, and I am starting to learn to live my life with this illness.

The illness has made me renounce/give up things I really want to do, and just concentrate on what is important to me. I can not hold the pace I used to. To me right now my priority is my family and my studies(need to pass those exams...). My art is important, but the time and effort I put into it comes in waves much as my illness.

My art journal is a good friend. It is a great comfort knowing I can nurture some of that creativity even if it is small scale. This is a entry form my journal when this last dizzy period started. For me it is the feeling of falling into a swoon.


Medium used: watercolour and permanent marker.
Entry made in the: brown hard covered journal from Huey.

3 comments:

Artsnark said...

Oh, Ewian, I am so sorry to hear you have not been well. Your absence has been noticed. Hopefully things will improve soon & good luck with those exams too!

Very expressive drawing. You may not feel strong but it is a strong piece

Timaree said...

Oh that darn dizziness stuff! I went through a period of years (in my 40's) when I had lots of dizzy spells. I WOULD take to my bed for 2-3 days at a time. It hardly comes around now so it's possible it will pass for you too. I hope so. My niece is suffering from it right now so badly she isn't allowed to drive and she falls down because she can't tell what's up or down. It is a terrible, terrible feeling. I like how you show it with the girl sitting down like you have her. It's like "oh no, not again!"

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.