Tuesday 12 May 2009

Art journal - to cut or not to cut

to cut or not - ewian

To cut or not to cut that's the question. It's my hair I am referring to. My hair is worn and have split ends. There is no doubt about that I need a hair cut, but how much? The length of my hair has past my waist some time ago... Not sure how much I'll cut yet, we'll see..

The art journal entry for today is obviously inspired by my wonders on how much to cut. The text on the bubble is from a Norwegian folklore, loosely translated: "scissors said the wife, knife said the husband."

Medium used: pastel chalk and pencil.

3 comments:

Timaree said...

My granddaughter cut a few inches off. Then she went back and cut a few more. I think she'd like to have short hair but her dad wants all his little girls to have long hair so she's gradually working up to it. But for you, you could try a few inches and go from there until you are comfortable with it.

It made a great journal page. Do you really have red hair? We tend to think of Norwegians as being blond (here in the U.S.) but then, my grandmother had very brown hair so why I think that way is pretty poor thinking!

EWian said...

Thanks for the tip on just cutting a few centimetres.

Yes, I have red hair, or to be more accurate is is more like copper. So long, copper and curly would describe my hair...

There is a lot of people here with natural blond hair... Black hair, truly black not coloured is probably the hair colour that is the least of... But is is not rare...

Artsnark said...

So did you cut or no? I just did (it had been a long while) and am so glad. Easier & cooler - the weather is already at 90F in Tampa ans summer has yet to begin!