I am still playing catchup on the EDM challenges. A tin from the kitchen was the challenges nr7. My tin is filled with raisin.
Medium used: pencil, watercolour and permanent marker.
Monday, 24 November 2008
Sunday, 23 November 2008
Just a quick illo to accompany the announcement of the St.Lucia winner. But first I like to thank everybody that participated. I like the idea of doing something nice for other especially if they don't expected it. Thank you all for playing a long. Alto this give away is over keep posting those NICE comments on blogs you like, you will feel better knowing you have done something kind. Now for the winner:
Timaree of http://www.blogger.com/profile/15769047120660859743 also known as Freebird. Congratulation!
The illo is made using: pencil, watercolour and permanent marker.
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
I am so happy, my order with knitting needles came today. The girl in the picture has a dress made of felted wool, just a cut of scraps from this summers felting. The flowers are green spangles and the knitting needles are made by permanent markers. Yes, the clouds are made of glitter! Other than that watercolours are used.
I have been waiting since may for these. I ordered from Michelles Garage Sale and I know they were sent shortly after I ordered but my post office lost them! Today I got a call saying they have fond them, this really made my day. This was not just ordinary knitting needles they have colours!
I can not get a hold of them here in Norway, just plain grey ones. I ordered Susan Bates silvalume double pointed knitting needles. Finding a company that would send them was also a bit of a trouble, did not wanted to be ripped off by the price of the postage. If you know a brand that make coloured knitting needles( not plastic) other than Susan Bates and if you know of company's that sends to Norway please let me know. Although I am happy with the service of Michelles Garage Sale I want to find a better selection if possible.
Saturday, 8 November 2008
I have been tagged by Brenda at http://thecraftychook.blogspot.com
To be tagged is both positive and negative. On the positive side it is a honour that somebody wants to know more about you, the negative is when you pass the tag along on it's way you are asking people to share more than they usually do, not all find this charming and you have to find 6 new people to tag.
To give the ones I am tagging a positive feeling I have made them an actually tag. See picture above. If they answer the tag and send me there snail-mail address I will send it to them.
To the ones that I am tagging, you can send your snali-mail adress to this mail; ewianblog (at) gmail. com DO NOT PUT IT IN THE COMMENT! If you don't want to share your mail address that is fine, your choice how much you want to tell other people. Just remember the tag is made for you. I hope all of you will play along this tag!
1. I love books! I hoard them and read them. My childhood dream was to have a house large enough to have a library. My studio doubles up as a library! AND is is wonderful!
2. I am a audio learner. I listens to pod casts, radio or audio books. When I drive and when I work, it is a grate way for me to multi task. I am one of those people that listen to the text of the song, and if it is no good I prefer silence....
3. My favourite thing to do with my friends and family is playing board games, all can play along, age and level don't matter!
4. I collect postcards, also the ones that have no writing on the back.
5. I vote! It is my opinion if you don't vote you have no right to complain! This does not apply to children that do not have the opportunity to vote.
6. My favourite pie is pumpkin-pie, maybe because I only get a hold of pumpkins ones a year. I have a suspicion that chocolate pie would come very high up if I ever tasted it.
If you want to know more, I made a mosaic meme you can read more here http://ewian.blogspot.com/2008/07/mosaic-about-me.html
O.K here goes, all of these people is somebody I want to know more about.
1. The blog is new, but I know the owner, a mixed media artist with an eye for detail http://artsnark.blogspot.com
2. Not so many posts yet but I like what I see http://anniesbasement.blogspot.com
3. Broad virayety of motives in the drawings good reading too http://cordeliasartplace.blogspot.com
4. Soft pictures and if you have not read the post about "blogastinate" it is recommended http://hammeredplayer.blogspot.com
5. Good mix of community, art and vintage posts http://bonniebluedenim.blogspot.com
6. Shares her experiences and techniques in making her art http://mystele.blogspot.com
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Here is my swim team. Made a team with 9 girls/ladies all with different personality's.
Not sure if they will break the world record but they will sure try.
Do you have a swim team?
The team is made on watercolour paper with watercolour both paint and pencils and some painted vintage paper.
Medium used: pencil, vintage book page, matt gel medium, watercolour and watercolour pencil.
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
The first snow is here! It always comes like a surprise. It is actually 20 days later this year than last year. My art journal today was a snow scene, with two small hares/bunnies out waking in the snow. The background is watercolour, the hares is made with permanent markers and iridescent medium.
Detail, even with no blitz the reflektion make it hard to get a good picture. Here is the view from the road 0730 in the morning. Beautiful is'nt it?
Medium used: watercolour, iridescent and permanent marker.
Monday, 3 November 2008
This object is a wooden bowl, it is actually my grandmothers, it sits on her living room table and is filled with small paper pieces, manna-corn, on them is bible verses or to be more correct it says where to look up the bible verses. My grandmother use to draw one piece for everyone that was visiting and then read the verse before the went home. The faint letters on the bowl says "in memory of the peace, Narvik, 1945" As long as I can remember the bowl and the manna-corn has had the same colour tones always looked well used. This is me trying to capture a memory of my grandmother reading the bible verses to us before we left for the road home.
Medium used: watercolour pencils and colouring pencil.
Sunday, 2 November 2008
I am starting a new journal, the first entry is a girl with a butterfly dress. The dress has holes in it to the shape of the butterfly. It has been a while since I made holes in my art journal pages, so it was a bit tricky to get the holes small with the scissor. I probably could have made the holes with a knife, but as I was travelling the scissor was all I had in my bag. New journals is always fun. This time I am trying out a journal form hand book journal, have not tried this type before and I am so excited to try this one out.
Here is what is looks like from the back.
The page behind is not yet done but the colour is in place.
Medium used: permanent marker and watercolour.