Tuesday 11 November 2008

Art journal - dancing with knitting needles


I am so happy, my order with knitting needles came today. The girl in the picture has a dress made of felted wool, just a cut of scraps from this summers felting. The flowers are green spangles and the knitting needles are made by permanent markers. Yes, the clouds are made of glitter! Other than that watercolours are used.

I have been waiting since may for these. I ordered from Michelles Garage Sale and I know they were sent shortly after I ordered but my post office lost them! Today I got a call saying they have fond them, this really made my day. This was not just ordinary knitting needles they have colours!
I can not get a hold of them here in Norway, just plain grey ones. I ordered Susan Bates silvalume double pointed knitting needles. Finding a company that would send them was also a bit of a trouble, did not wanted to be ripped off by the price of the postage. If you know a brand that make coloured knitting needles( not plastic) other than Susan Bates and if you know of company's that sends to Norway please let me know. Although I am happy with the service of Michelles Garage Sale I want to find a better selection if possible.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your girl in her furry dress, she's lovely.

Timaree said...

Your girl is cute. I like colored needles too. I buy mine at Knitpicks. They have some international orders and dealers so you might check it out. I hope they work out for you.

Candy Bello said...

I love your art! Beautiful!!

:)
candy

Tracy said...

Oh, so pretty! Look at that rainbow of needles--love them! And I can see how you'd translate your own happy dance into art work--I like your girl with the needles! Isn't so boring, the knitting needle selection here in Norway...zzz...LOL! You got a great find in these. Happy Knitting and more ((HUGS))

jennifer said...

Lovely! I really like the idea of an art journal. I always say I will get around to making one of my own, but it has yet to happen.

Focus_ret said...

My daughter is into knitting - although I wasn't either enthused or skillful at that myself. Her favorite needles are the round ones that let a person knit in a continuous circle.

Unknown said...

This is Michelle from MichellesGarageSale.com. If I would have known that your needles were lost I would have replaced them months ago. I sent them Priority Mail International Insured on May 16th. I am sorry that your post office had lost them but they were sent insured. I could have sent you a refund or a replacement in June, why wait until now to tell me that they were lost?

michelle

EWian said...

To Michelle, and everybody else that read this, I think I am one of those optimistic people, my life motto is "everything goes, it goes well or it goes way." The knitting needles did turn up! and I am still smiling. So looking forward to find a knitting project to ALL of the different sizes.

(I have been arguing with the Norwegian post office to find OR replace the knitting needles, this kinds of cases takes up to 8 months to get settle so I was waiting for the reply.)

Come new year I will be placing a new order for knitting needles! Although it is fun for a while to be the only one with coloured knitting needles, you want to share the joy! They make grate presents for my knitting friends!

bonniebluedenim said...

I love your Dances with Knitting needles girl, and thanks for the tag, I need to catch up on my posts....that one will be next!(I hope!)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet very textural illustration. Congratulations on getting your wonderful knitting needles and thanks so much for stopping by my blog with such a nice comment!

Shayla said...

Very nice illustration work. You have a way with eyes! Love her hair and felted dress too.