Thursday 10 March 2011

You'll come a-waltzing Moly with me? - niniji's work

Guest post by niniji and her work in my Moly_X_3 book.
--


Continuing with EWian's "Waltzing Matilda" story. I personalized the theme into a story about my own experience with life "on the go".
In truth, I am not as free-spirited as I wish to be. Moving to a new place (sometimes moving to a different country) usually brings on more stress than excitement to me, and for some reason it always feels like I am more affected than anybody else who'd share a similar experience; I sometimes wonder why is it so.
This drawing is about the plants I tend to keep if I lived at a place long enough. When I move, they are one of the more troublesome things to decide what to do with since it's quite sad to just leave them to wither in their place (but no... they don't go very well into suitcases and boxes). In a way, I have invisible roots too. It always hurts a little to lift...


p.s.: but come to think of it, I don't think I had ever planted cosmos before...
I have had lavender, mint, basil, sunflowers, several species of succulents... but never cosmos. (bah-dum tssssssss...)

Niniji

No comments: