Wednesday 6 April 2011

W.I.P. Wednesday, 2011 postcard swap, iHanna - mishap

2011 postcard swap, iHanna - mishap

Well, I was suppose to finish of the postcards for the IHanna postcard swap, however there was a problem. When I was going to remove the masking liquid it did not want to come of, and the parts that did come of left a sticky surface. I have never encounderd this kind of behaver of the masking fluid. I was like it was morken/rotten. This means that all the cards was destroyed. I have to start over. Not fun at all. I happens some times that things does not work, but it is usually my own fault. I spill or drips something on the art work but nothing like this. Have you experienced something like this?

6 comments:

二月niji said...

aw... sorry to hear that.

2 years ago I participated in a huge swap where we made a full deck of 54 playing cards (jokers included). each person prints 54 copies of the same card and mail it to Haru (http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/haru2007/) who did the sorting for us. the outcome was a beautiful deck of cards all made of block prints.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nigatsuniji/3801158412/in/set-72157606892951735/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nigatsuniji/3801153514/in/set-72157606892951735/

however, I finished my entire set of 54 prints, shipped them to Taiwan... then realized (gasp!): I had printed my "K of spade" in the wrong corners of my cards...
I then redid the entire set, shipped them out again.
Haru did a nice thing that she sent me back the set with the mistakes (instead of throwing them away) and I ended up trimming them down and making them into my flickr "business" cards.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nigatsuniji/4587383345/in/set-72157623869048614

Sueann said...

Yes! Of course! My theory is if it doesn't work that means I have something better to take it's place!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

Thank you for your support! I tested the fluid and the hole bottle is bad, so I tossed it. I have started over again. I desperately need a new bottle, however it is a 5 1/2 hour drive (one way) to the nearest art store...

Well I guess I make it some other way.

Madde said...

I spill & drip all the time. On the things I´m working on, on my clothes...so you´re not alone. Sorry for the postcards though, I hope you find your energy :)

Deezy said...

Ewian, thank you for visiting my blog and leave me a message.
I am so sorry to see that there went something wrong!
I wish I could help you with something...
Warm wishes from the Netherlands,
Deesie

thebigmango said...

Oh, what a shame. I hope you managed to find a workaround.